Finance Manager 📈📊
Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In five years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
The Festicket Family is currently 140, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto and San Francisco. 🌍
We're now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds. 🎉
We've been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 & a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company. 💪
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
Festicket is looking for a Finance Manager to join our central Finance and Accounting team, reporting directly to the Financial Controller. At Festicket we are building a finance team that goes beyond the numbers and has a passion for improving business performance. This role is a key part of that vision.
We are seeking an ambitious and detail oriented Finance Manager specialising in accounting and tax, for our fast-growing and dynamic office in Camden. The Finance Manager will take a hands-on approach to addressing the needs of the company as we scale to the next level.
You’ll own a lot of important functions from - getting us ready for our external audit, meeting all our tax obligations, maintaining, interpreting and reporting of financial data - including month end close process and inter-company and balance sheet management.
- Improve financial control environment and play a key role in ensuring that processes are robust and able to scale with the business as it grows, including establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department including accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, general ledger entries, bank reconciliation, credit card expense report reconciliation and Revenue Recognition
- Responsible for delivering timely and accurate financial processing, month end close, cash management reports, and balance sheet reconciliation
- Proactively performs preventive quality controls and takes corrective actions when necessary
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management and budget
- Take the lead on tax projects including Corporation tax, VAT submissions and R&D claims
- Be visible across the company, working closely with management team and on cross functional teams.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar position.
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA), strong academically with at least one role within industry under your belt.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, numbers are your thing.
- Proven track record of problem solving.
- Have experience working within a high volume transactional business.
- Strong communicator who is able to advise and challenge senior non-finance stakeholders.
- Experience working with Netsuite and knowledge of IFRS
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence
- Be a team player
- Bright, inquisitive and passionate about business
- Highly organised and detail-oriented; able to multitask and work on multiple ongoing projects
- Able to meet deadlines and work independently with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and cross group collaboration skills, ability to drive simplicity
- Self-starter who will be keen to initiate new ideas and processes
- Innovative, creative and imaginative approach to solving problems
We’re a team of 140 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 4pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & planning to head out for a night out. 🍻
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 15 sick days per annum
- Discretionary flexible working from home
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Free www.wagestream.co.uk account, offering great employee financial wellness
- Free www.perkbox.com account, offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks at 4pm on Friday
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Value driven start-up culture