QA Engineer 🐛🔍
Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In five years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
The Festicket Family is currently 140, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto and San Francisco. 🌍
We're now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds. 🎉
We've been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 & a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company. 💪
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
Festicket is growing fast and we need another QA Engineer to join our Tech team. You will be working closely with our developers and product managers to support them and our product(s) with your QA expertise.
This role is suitable for a QA/Tester with a keen eye for detail, a good understanding of QA practices and when to apply them. You will be working as part of our excellent QA team, where you’ll be encouraged to explore new technologies where value is evident, share your learnings in our weekly catch ups/open workshops, and contribute to the delivery of a stable, well tested features to our users.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”.
Our backend application is built in Python 3 using the Django web framework, we use Django Rest Framework for our APIs and Celery for asynchronous tasks. We use Docker in development and production, all built from our CI service with AWS ECS as our orchestration system. We have tools to manage building and deploying staging environments via Slack and automate JIRA away so you almost don't notice it’s there.
We like to build fast, scalable, easily maintained and dynamic applications using the latest and greatest tools and technologies available. Most of all, we like to deliver! We believe in manageable chunks of work with continuous integration and delivery to enable multiple production releases per day, so that we’re always making progress.
The salary for this role is £32,000-£35,000 per annum
Good knowledge of QA practices:
- Strong organization, analytic and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- The ability to learn independently and work efficiently.
- Detail oriented but can also see the bigger picture.
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team.
- Liaise with internal teams to identify system requirements.
- Ability to communicate information well to various audiences to advocate for users, the product and the Tech team!
- Ability to read and understand code.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools, techniques and strategies.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Ability to quickly acquire good understanding of the product, current infrastructure setup and workflows related to the product.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet consumers needs.
- Ability to priorities and focus on deadlines and deliverables – find the important issues fast.
- Ability to think abstractly and view situations from differing perspectives.
- Knowledge of QA practices and concepts.
- Experience in Testing APIs and DBs.
- Have previously contributed to the improvement of quality and test processes.
- Have previously identified gaps/issues in processes and recommend solutions.
- Good understanding of how interaction between server/client side web application works.
- Good understanding of infrastructure (purpose and features) - e.g. Cloud Hosting, deployments, build systems, logs etc
- Good understanding of different testing environments.
- Good understanding of how web APIs work.
- Good understanding of different technical testing tools - e.g. Chrome Dev Tools, Charles Proxy, Postman etc
- Experienced with bug tracking tools (such as Jira) and version control system (GitHub) is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of different testing practices and when to apply them. E.g. Exploratory Testing, Performance Testing, Automation etc.
- Have participated in planning and estimations of features.
- Genuinely enjoy your craft, to take initiative, and want to help do things better.
We’re a team of 140 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 4pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & planning to head out for a night out. 🍻
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 15 sick days per annum
- Discretionary flexible working from home
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Free www.wagestream.co.uk account, offering great employee financial wellness
- Free www.perkbox.com account, offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks at 4pm on Friday
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Value driven start-up culture