DevOps Engineer 💻📈
Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In five short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
The Festicket Family is currently 120, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam and Porto. 🌍
We're now post Series-C funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds. 🎉
We've been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 & a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company. 💪
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
We're looking for someone to work alongside our current DevOps Engineer to work on the robustness, automation, monitoring and deployment processes of our applications and infrastructure.
We're organised into agile, product focussed, cross-functional teams that are empowered to define their own work and decide how to organise themselves. We work incrementally but do occasionally take on bigger projects to update our stack and product. We like to build fast, scalable, easily maintained and dynamic applications using the latest and greatest tools and technologies available. Most of all, we like to deliver! Continuously if possible 🙂
You're someone who's smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you're not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else's of course). You're constantly thinking "how can we do this better?".
You're passionate about:
- creating robust, flexible and performant infrastructure using the latest technology and best practices
- making the development workflow as smooth and efficient as possible through automation and tooling
- creating and managing effective continuous integration & delivery/deployment processes
- being an integral part of the development process, not just a system administrator, and working in a collaborative technical team
YOUR SKILL SET
- Programming skills, preferably in Python
- Experience with Docker based systems
- An understanding of CI/CD workflows and tools
- Experience in provisioning, operating and managing all things AWS (we make use of ELB, EC2, ECS and ECR, RDS, Redshift, CloudFormation and many more...), ideally 2+ years experience.
- GNU/Linux system administration and networking
- Experience with configuration management and IaC (ideally CloudFormation)
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g New Relic, Datadog, Sentry, Kibana)
- An excellent understanding of high availability, load balancing and service discovery concepts and technologies
- A computing or software engineering degree. In the absence of one we expect you to show that you've taken steps to fill this gap in your training/knowledge.
Nice to have experience with:
- E-commerce websites
We’re a team of 120 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 6pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & then planning to head out for a night out. 🍻
Benefits also include:
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Occasional free tickets for music festivals worldwide and all year round staff discount.
- Long service awards
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Remote working days allotments / work from home options
- Free www.perkbox.com account offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks.
- Sales Trainings & budget for conferences
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast - including cereals, bread, croissants, marmalade, etc.
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Regular internal Ping Pong tournaments
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Fun environment & great office next to Primrose Hill
- Value driven start-up culture