Front End Developer (React) 💻🖱
Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,000+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 2,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In four years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
The Festicket Family is currently 100, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in both Berlin and Amsterdam.🌍
We're now post Series-C funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds.🎉
We've been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 & a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company. 💪
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
We are looking for a mid-level front end developer who possess a keen eye for detail and a passion for getting features into production.We've had a big funding round in the middle of last year and our technical team has grown rapidly (from 4 to 25 people so far). To meet the growing needs of the business and improve our technology we're looking to continue adding high quality people to the team
We're organised into agile, product focussed, cross-functional teams that are empowered to define their own work and decide how to organise themselves. We work incrementally but do occasionally take on bigger projects to update our stack and product. We like to build fast, scalable, easily maintained and dynamic applications using the latest and greatest tools and technologies available. Most of all, we like to deliver! Continuously if possible 🙂
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”.
YOUR SKILL SET
To be considered for the role you must meet most of the following criteria:
- Experience working with React (or a strong interest).
- Familiar with CSS preprocessing (SASS, LESS or Stylus)
- More than comfortable with modern web development workflows (Babel, Gulp, Webpack)
- Understand the advantages TDD and its impact on product quality
- Fluent with the command line, you use git
- Have a computing or software engineering degree. In the absence of one we expect you to show that you've taken steps to fill this gap in your training/knowledge.
- E-commerce experience is a big plus but not a requirement
We’re a team of 100 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 6pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & then planning to head out for a night out. 🍻
Benefits also include:
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Occasional free tickets for music festivals worldwide and all year round staff discount
- Long service awards
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Remote working days allotments / work from home options
- Free www.perkbox.com account offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks.
- Sales Trainings & budget for conferences
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast - including cereals, bread, croissants, marmalade, etc.
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Regular internal Ping Pong tournaments
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Fun environment & great office next to Primrose Hill
- Value driven start-up culture