Accommodation & Travel Director 🏢🚌
Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In five short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
The Festicket Family is currently 120, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam and Porto. 🌍
We're now post Series-C funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds. 🎉
We've been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 & a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company. 💪
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
Festicket is looking for an Accommodation & Travel Director to lead our growing commercial team, reporting directly to the CCO.
You will manage an already existing and highly successful, accommodation & travel team of 8 staff members, and spearhead the department's new strategy and focus leading into 2019 and onwards.
The Travel & Accommodation team is responsible for the company’s global accommodation & travel needs, made up of commercial and partnership deals with (but not limited to):
- Hotels, hostels, etc;
- Transportation (shuttles, airport transfers, coaches, train, etc.)
- Travel extras, local attractions and other extras; and
- Booking/travel insurances.
- Lead the department and set strategy and long-term vision, own the P&L and key financial deliverables, inspire the teams, support and direct the management team and strengthen our relationships with key clients and partners.
- Responsible for driving strong growth in our ancillary sales / non-ticket GMV growth (i.e. accommodation, travel/transport, extras, insurance, etc.).
- Identify trends and developments by researching industry and related events, publications and announcements
- Ability to analyse and recommend pricing and product strategies based on the specific markets and the competitive landscape.
- Responsible for marketing strategy & key product/dev decisions in relation to the travel & accommodation product.
- Have a deep understanding of driving new products into the Travel & Accommodation sector, including how they are delivered in digital channels with a specific insight into how these products will develop across different markets.
- Collaborate across different teams, ranging from commercial, operations to product ensuring your Travel & Accommodation industry knowledge enables the business, to perform at its best.
- Over 6 years of strong strategy, sales experience, and delivery within global Travel/Accommodation companies
- Commercially driven thought leader and visionary for new model and proposition development, able to clearly articulate vision, depth and commerciality.
- Extremely proficient in the trends, technology, customer requirements and key players of the Travel & Accommodation industry.
- Negotiation skills and supplier management expertise
- Professional, committed and determined
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Great interpersonal skills
Given the company's very high weekly and monthly targets, the role is exposed to high pressures on providing results within tight deadlines.
We’re a team of 120 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 6pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & then planning to head out for a night out. 🍻
Benefits also include:
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Occasional free tickets for music festivals worldwide and all year round staff discount.
- Long service awards
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Remote working days allotments / work from home options
- Free www.perkbox.com account offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks.
- Sales Trainings & budget for conferences
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast - including cereals, bread, croissants, marmalade, etc.
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Regular internal Ping Pong tournaments
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Fun environment & great office next to Primrose Hill
- Value driven start-up culture