Head of Content 💻 📰
Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In five short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
The Festicket Family is currently 120, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam and Porto. 🌍
We're now post Series-C funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds. 🎉
We've been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 & a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company. 💪
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
We are looking for an experienced Head of Content to join our team. You will be responsible for developing and implementing our global content strategy, as well as being accountable for the performance of our Organic acquisition channel.
We are looking for a commercially-minded content strategist and creator, with a proven track record of developing an international content function.
Content partnerships (sponsored content) and brand activation are a key element of Festicket’s plans in 2018 & 2019. The challenge of taking Festicket Magazine to the next level, in terms of both readership/engagement metrics and the commercial role our content plays in the wider business model, is one that you will take on with experience and strong leadership.
Reporting directly to the CMO, you will manage and oversee an existing team of 11 on-site & remote team members. These include content creators, translators, and an SEO specialist. You will be based in our London office, and work closely with the Technical, Design, Product and Operations teams from within the Marketing department.
Ultimately, you will oversee all content initiatives to maximise customer engagement, and ensure both brand consistency and a positive customer experience.
- Develop a global content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets.
- Work closely with teams from across Marketing and Design to plan and develop site content, style and layout.
- Assist in developing and defining the tone of voice to help build the personality of the brand and ensure communication of the brand's vision, mission and values are consistent at every touch point.
- Work with wider Marketing, Development and Partnerships team to develop a robust content monetisation strategy.
- Remain able to give hands-on input into content creation, editing and publishing
- Confidently lead the team of creators and translators to ensure that they consistently work to the best of their ability, producing high-quality content that is more than competitive in a crowded industry.
- Ensure brand consistency across all content and copy produced and used by the business.
- Manage and work closely with our in-house SEO Specialist to ensure all content is produced and optimised according to SEO best practices.
- Be strongly focused on data, able to interpret, report and communicate key metrics to the team and across the business.
- Manage content distribution to online channels and – alongside the Social team – social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Develop Festicket’s editorial calendar and effectively communicate a clear, inspiring vision to the team that will will help you achieve ambitious goals.
- Ensure compliance with the law (e.g. copyright and data protection).
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to engage our audience’s attention.
- Proven work experience as a Content manager or Head of Content in a relevant industry.
- Experience of working in an international company and coordinating translation of content
- Deep knowledge of data analytics tools, and of working research into a data-driven strategy
- Excellent writing skills in English, with a strong CV of published work.
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of SEO and how to use this to successfully boost local content across different markets.
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Strong knowledge of the music & festival industry
- Familiarity with social media
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- BSc degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
- Experience of monetising a content platform (desireable)
We’re a team of 120 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 6pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & then planning to head out for a night out. 🍻
Benefits also include:
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Occasional free tickets for music festivals worldwide and all year round staff discount.
- Long service awards
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Remote working days allotments / work from home options
- Free www.perkbox.com account offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks.
- Sales Trainings & budget for conferences
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast - including cereals, bread, croissants, marmalade, etc.
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Regular internal Ping Pong tournaments
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Fun environment & great office next to Primrose Hill
- Value driven start-up culture