Back End Python (Django) Developer
Festicket is transforming the way music fans discover and book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. Our platform revolutionises the music festival industry by offering an end-to-end experience for music travellers through an efficient two-sided marketplace for 700+ music festivals across 45 different countries! In four short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🚀
We've recently been announced as one of the fastest growing tech startup's in London - http://www.techcityuk.com/blog/2017/02/future-fift...
We are looking for mid-senior level developers who specialise in Python and have some exposure to the Django framework (Flask applicants will also be considered).
We've had a big funding round in the middle of last year and our technical team is growing rapidly (from 4 to 20 people so far). We need to bring up-to-date our technology to meet the business's ambitions for the next few years.
We are a team of 20 looking to grow to over 25 immediately. To do this we need your dedication to get work done on time, to train new staff and integrate many new team members into this rapidly growing team while working with the other mid-senior developers to ensure that standards stay high and keep getting higher.
We work incrementally but do occasionally take on bigger projects to update our stack and offering. Our current methodology is agile kanban.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”. You have the experience and aptitude to provide direction for other staff, to help build the team as a whole and within its eventual sub-units.
You understand the hard work required to update and stabilise a large technical product and you are prepared to put this work into the project.
YOUR SKILL SET
You must have gone into a company or role with a maturing or mature technical product before. Having done such you are aware of the pros and cons caused by the startup coding mentality of "we'll fix that later". You also understand that you need to grasp the product's technical debt before planning or making significant changes to the product.
- The applicant would normally have a maths, computing or software engineering degree.
- Ideally you have setup and/or worked with a system of Continuous Integration.
You must have significant experience of working and delivering projects with the following technologies:
- 3+ years of working with Python (with some experience of Django or Flask framework)
- Very good mathematical abilities
- SQL, preferably PostgreSQL
- You have integrated systems with 3rd party APIs before
- You’re also fluent with the command line, you use git
- It would be great if you’d had experience with one or more of Redis, Gunicorn, Nginx, Ansible, or Ubuntu; or if you’ve worked as a developer in the travel, music, or e-commerce industries before. But it’s not a requirement
We’re a team of 90 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 6pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office and then planning to head out for a night out.
Benefits also include:
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free tickets for music festivals worldwide
- Free www.perkbox.com account offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks.
- Free breakfast - including cereals, bread, marmalade, etc.
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Fun monthly company events
- Regular internal Ping Pong tournaments
- Sales Trainings & budget for conferences
- Remote working days allotments / work from home options
- Regular team lunches
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Fun environment & great office next to Primrose Hill
- Value driven start-up culture