Senior Back End Python Developer 🐍💻
Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In five short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
The Festicket Family is currently 120, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam and Porto.🌍
We're now post Series-C funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds.🎉
We've been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 & a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company. 💪
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
We are looking for a senior-level developer who specialises in Python and has a passion for building great products with solid engineering practices using the latest technologies.
You would be working as a backend developer within one of our product focussed teams, working closely with other backend developers, frontend developers, QA engineers and the team’s product manager to deliver changes and new functionality. You would be involved in planning new work and helping the product manager decide what the team should be working on to achieve the team’s goals.
You would also be working on technical tasks to improve our backend application architecture for performance, scalability and robustness while making use of the latest technologies, reducing complexity and making development easier.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”. You have the experience and aptitude to provide direction for other staff, to help develop your product sub-team and improve the team as a whole
Our backend application is built in Python 3 using the Django web framework, we use Django Rest Framework for our APIs and Celery for asynchronous tasks. We use Docker in development and production, all built from our CI service with AWS ECS as our orchestration system. We have tools to manage building and deploying staging environments via Slack and automate JIRA away so you almost don't notice it’s there.
We like to build fast, scalable, easily maintained and dynamic applications using the latest and greatest tools and technologies available. Most of all, we like to deliver! We believe in manageable chunks of work with continuous integration and delivery to enable multiple production releases per day, so that we’re always making progress.
- 4+ years of working with Python, preferably in a web development context (beneficial to have some experience of Django or Flask framework)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Comfortable with git
- Have a computing or software engineering degree or applicable commercial engineering experience
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs would be beneficial
- It would be great if you’d had experience as a developer in the travel, music, e-commerce or ticketing industries before, but it’s not a requirement
We’re a team of 120 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 6pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & then planning to head out for a night out. 🍻
Benefits also include:
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Occasional free tickets for music festivals worldwide and all year round staff discount.
- Long service awards
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Remote working days allotments / work from home options
- Free www.perkbox.com account offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks.
- Sales Trainings & budget for conferences
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast - including cereals, bread, croissants, marmalade, etc.
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Regular internal Ping Pong tournaments
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Fun environment & great office next to Primrose Hill
- Value driven start-up culture