Senior Front End Developer (React)
Festicket is transforming the way music fans discover and book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. Our platform revolutionises the music festival industry by offering an end-to-end experience for music travellers through an efficient two-sided marketplace for 700+ music festivals across 45 different countries! In four short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🚀
We've recently been announced as one of the fastest growing tech startup's in London - http://www.techcityuk.com/blog/2017/02/future-fift...
We are looking for senior level front end developers who possess a keen eye for detail and a passion for getting features into production.
We've had a big funding round in the middle of last year and our technical team is growing rapidly (from 4 to 15 people so far). We need to bring up-to-date our technology to meet the business's ambitions for the next few years. This includes implementing a React SPA as our customer facing website (a green-field project).
We are a team of 15 looking to grow to over 20 immediately. To do this we need dedicated Senior Frontend Engineers to get work done on time, integrate many new team members into this rapidly growing team while working with the other senior developers to ensure that standards stay high and keep getting higher.
We work incrementally but do occasionally take on bigger projects to update our stack and offering. Our current methodology is agile kanban.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”.
YOUR SKILL SET
To be considered for the role you must meet most of the following criteria:
- Experience working with React (or a strong interest).
- Familiar with CSS preprocessing (SASS, LESS or Stylus)
- More than comfortable with modern web development workflows (Babel, Gulp, Webpack)
- Understand the advantages TDD and its impact on product quality
- Fluent with the command line, you use git
- Have a computing or software engineering degree. In the absence of one we expect you to show that you've taken steps to fill this gap in your training/knowledge.
- E-commerce experience is a big plus but not a requirement
We’re a team of 90 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 6pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office and then planning to head out for a night out.
Benefits also include:
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free tickets for music festivals worldwide
- Free www.perkbox.com account offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks.
- Free breakfast - including cereals, bread, marmalade, etc.
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Fun monthly company events
- Regular internal Ping Pong tournaments
- Sales Trainings & budget for conferences
- Remote working days allotments / work from home options
- Regular team lunches
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Fun environment & great office next to Primrose Hill
- Value driven start-up culture