Senior Front End Developer (React) 💻📱
Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In four years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
The Festicket Family is currently 120, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam and Porto.🌍
We're now post Series-C funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds.🎉
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
We are looking for a senior front end developer who possess a keen eye for detail and a passion for collaboration and getting features into production. Someone who wants to learn whilst delivering quality.
You would be working as a senior frontend developer within one of our product focussed teams, working closely with other frontend developers, backend developers, QA engineers and the team’s product manager to deliver changes and new functionality. You would be involved in planning new work and helping the product manager decide what the team should be working on to achieve the team’s goals.
You would also be working on frontend technical tasks to improve our frontend architecture, improve the performance and usability of the site, make use of new technologies, reduce complexity, write and maintain a growing collection of open source libraries and make development easier.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”.
We're organised into agile, product focussed, cross-functional teams that are empowered to define their own work and decide how to organise themselves. We work incrementally but do occasionally take on bigger projects to update our stack and product. We like to build fast, scalable, easily maintained and dynamic applications using the latest and greatest tools and technologies available. Most of all, we like to deliver! Continuously if possible 🙂
- Ideally 4+ years experience in a commercial web development environment
- Some experience of the Open Source Community or a desire to get involved with it.
- Interest or experience in working with frontend frameworks, we use React
- Familiar with CSS including preprocessing (SASS, LESS or Stylus) and/or CSS in JS solutions
- Familiar with modern web development workflows (Babel, Flow, Webpack)
- A clear desire to work on open source projects.
- A passion for learning and personal development.
- Have a computing or software engineering degree or applicable commercial engineering experience.
We’re a team of 120 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 6pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & then planning to head out for a night out. 🍻
Benefits also include:
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Occasional free tickets for music festivals worldwide and all year round staff discount
- Long service awards
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Remote working days allotments / work from home options
- Free www.perkbox.com account offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks.
- Sales Trainings & budget for conferences
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast - including cereals, bread, croissants, marmalade, etc.
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Regular internal Ping Pong tournaments
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Fun environment & great office next to Primrose Hill
- Value driven start-up culture
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!