Back End Python Developer 🐍💻
Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In five years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
The Festicket Family is currently 140, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto and San Francisco. 🌍
We're now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds. 🎉
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
We are looking for a developer who specialises in Python and has a passion for building great products with solid engineering practices using the latest technologies.
You would be working as a backend developer within one of our product focussed teams, working closely with other backend developers, frontend developers, QA engineers and the team’s product manager to deliver changes and new functionality. You would be involved in planning new work and helping the product manager decide what the team should be working on to achieve the team’s goals.
You would also be working on technical tasks to improve our backend application architecture for performance, scalability and robustness while making use of the latest technologies, reducing complexity and making development easier.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”.
Our backend application is built in Python 3 using the Django web framework, we use Django Rest Framework for our APIs and Celery for asynchronous tasks. We use Docker in development and production, all built from our CI service with AWS ECS as our orchestration system. We have tools to manage building and deploying staging environments via Slack and automate JIRA away so you almost don't notice it’s there.
We like to build fast, scalable, easily maintained and dynamic applications using the latest and greatest tools and technologies available. Most of all, we like to deliver! We believe in manageable chunks of work with continuous integration and delivery to enable multiple production releases per day, so that we’re always making progress.
- 2+ years of working with Python, preferably in a web development context (beneficial to have some experience of Django or Flask framework)
- Some knowledge of SQL
- Comfortable with git
- Have a computing or software engineering degree or applicable commercial engineering experience
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs would be beneficial
- It would be great if you’d had experience as a developer in the travel, music, e-commerce or ticketing industries before, but it’s not a requirement
We’re a team of 140 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 4pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & planning to head out for a night out. 🍻
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 15 sick days per annum
- Discretionary flexible working from home
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Free www.wagestream.co.uk account, offering great employee financial wellness
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks at 4pm on Friday
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Value driven start-up culture