Head of Travel 🏢🚌
Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In five years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
The Festicket Family is currently 140, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto and San Francisco. 🌍
We're now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds. 🎉
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
Festicket is looking for an Head of Travel to lead our growing commercial team, reporting directly to the CCO.
You will manage an already existing and highly successful, accommodation & travel team of 8 staff members, and spearhead the department's new strategy and focus leading into 2019 and onwards.
The Travel & Accommodation team is responsible for the company’s global accommodation & travel needs, made up of commercial and partnership deals with (but not limited to):
- Hotels, hostels, etc;
- Transportation (shuttles, airport transfers, coaches, train, etc.)
- Travel extras, local attractions and other extras; and
- Booking/travel insurances.
- Lead the department and set strategy and long-term vision, own the P&L and key financial deliverables, inspire the teams, support and direct the management team and strengthen our relationships with key clients and partners.
- Responsible for driving strong growth in our ancillary sales / non-ticket GMV growth (i.e. accommodation, travel/transport, extras, insurance, etc.).
- Identify trends and developments by researching industry and related events, publications and announcements
- Ability to analyse and recommend pricing and product merchandising strategies based on the specific markets and the competitive landscape.
- Understand our consumers needs and work closely with the product team to best solve this on our site
- Responsible for marketing strategy & key product/dev decisions in relation to the travel & accommodation product.
- Have a deep understanding of driving new products into the Travel & Accommodation sector, including how they are delivered in digital channels with a specific insight into how these products will develop across different markets.
- Collaborate across different teams, ranging from commercial, operations to product ensuring your Travel & Accommodation industry knowledge enables the business, to perform at its best.
- Over 6 years of strong strategy, sales experience, and delivery within consumer-facing global Travel/Accommodation companies
- Commercially driven thought leader and visionary for new model and proposition development, able to clearly articulate vision, depth and commerciality.
- Extremely proficient in the trends, technology, customer requirements and key players of the Travel & Accommodation industry.
- Comfortable working with a product development team to find the best product/market fit for our travel proposition
- Negotiation skills and supplier management expertise
- Professional, committed and determined
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Great interpersonal skills
Given the company's very high weekly and monthly targets, the role is exposed to high pressures on providing results within tight deadlines.
We’re a team of 140 located in an amazing converted piano factory in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 4pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & planning to head out for a night out. 🍻
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 15 sick days per annum
- Discretionary flexible working from home
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Free www.wagestream.co.uk account, offering great employee financial wellness
- Free www.perkbox.com account, offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks at 4pm on Friday
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Value driven start-up culture
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!